Sunday, July 15, 2012

DIY

This weekend was VERY productive. A friend of mine posted a picture on Facebook of her newly painted kitchen wall and gorgeous blue pantry door and it INSPIRED me to paint a little bit in our house. I am really excited to start putting our touch on this house. SO- we painted the craft room/man cave. There has been a debate about what this room will be since we moved in... I say craft room, John says man cave. I put my stamp on it first, so I'm calling it the craft room. I think eventually I will share it with him, but until he is ready to get some recliners and another big ole television (because 3 isn't enough??) it shall remain the craft room. Here is a picture of John taping off the craft room and the newly striped wall. (he taped, I painted).








THEN! I loved it so much, we did it in our downstairs family room, too! :) 








And since we were on a DIY roll, I re-upholstered our dining room chairs. These were given to us (hello, FREE) but they were in need of TLC when we got them. Well, this gorgy chevron pattern is JUST what they needed! (a little before & after- only opposite). 



So that's what we did this weekend! I am on the hunt for nautical/beachy type decor now for our family room! LOVE! 





2 comments:

  1. You're inspiring me.. but I have no funds to do it! Time to start planning what I want to do around the house ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go! Both projects are great!

    ReplyDelete